HALL OF FLOWERS CANNABIS GUIDELINES
FOR ARENA BOOTHS & OUTDOOR ACTIVATIONS
Rules for Displaying and Selling Product at the Show
The following cannabis guidelines are set forth in order to comply with the Bureau of Cannabis Control regulations. These rules must be followed in order to have cannabis product as display in booth and/or for sale at one of our onsite retail partners. These guidelines exemplify only the highlights of our SOP document. So please make sure to read the entire SOP carefully. If there is any ambiguity between these highlights and our entire SOP, the SOP prevails.
SOP for Exhibitors
SOP for Retailers
For returning Exhibitors, please make sure you pay attention as some information has been updated from our previous season.
IMPORTANT DATES AND SUBMISSIONS
August 19th - Confirm order for Meadow POS Package to be used by Retail Partner (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
August 26th - Retail license and affiliated requirements must be sent to email@example.com
August 26th - Confirm “secure, locked containers” for cannabis goods as detailed in section IV. D. of the S.O.P. and send visual proof to firstname.lastname@example.org
August 26th - Submit Licensed Distributor’s name to email@example.com who will be delivering product on site as they will receive a paper wristband at check-in on set up day
September 18th - 19th Hall of Flowers Show Time
PRIMARY RULES & REGULATIONS
“Display Product” means Cannabis Goods that will be placed within an Exhibitor’s booth space for the sole purpose of showcasing the Exhibitor’s product range. Display Products can be opened for show and smell. Display Products will not be sold or consumed and may not leave the booth at any time during the show. The transport and preparation of all Display Products shall comply in full with all applicable-regulatory requirements. Cannabis goods removed from their packaging must be destroyed when the cannabis goods are no longer used for display. (16 CCR § 5405.)
CANNABIS GOODS FOR SALE
“Cannabis Goods For Sale” means cannabis goods that will be purchased by an Event Retailer and sold for a nominal value with the intent to be consumed on site.
As we are operating in strict compliance with the BCC, samples can only be accessible at Hall of Flowers through the retail partners on site and will be sold in compliance with all legal retail procedures.
Giving away free Cannabis goods is strictly prohibited.
NO CONSUMPTION AT BOOTH
Under ZERO circumstances is it permitted to consume cannabis goods within the premises of the building.
Our designated outdoor consumption area is the ONLY place that attendees can consume cannabis.
If your goods contain cannabis-derived CBD, the products will be considered cannabis products and may not be given out at the exhibit booths as cannabis products may only be purchased at licensed on-site the retail locations.
If your food or beverage products contain hemp-derived CBD, they should not be present at the show, as California currently prohibits the inclusion of any non-cannabis derived CBD in food and beverages. Currently under the CDPH’s guidance on CBD, they specify “the use of industrial hemp as the source of CBD to be added to food products is prohibited” for further reference.
ARENA BOOTH - CANNABIS GOODS FOR SALE
This season, as Arena Booth and Outdoor Exhibitors will be selling product samples from within their booth rather than the onsite standalone dispensary, we want to make sure that you’re well-equipped and abiding by all BCC regulations, so please pay attention to the below.
Retail license and affiliated requirements must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 19th, 2019 to confirm your in-booth dispensary activation.
What to do:
1. Provide your own (active) retail license OR partner with a licensed retailer and submit the licensed business name & license number to email@example.com This can be a licensed retailer, a licensed non-storefront retailer, or licensed microbusiness that is authorized to engage in retail sales
2. Identify which POS system will be used by Retail PartnerIf they already use their own, please submit the name/info to firstname.lastname@example.org If they do not have an established POS, Hall of Flowers can provide a Meadow POS package (hardware, software, onsite training & support)Please email email@example.com to confirm this order by August 19th
3. Review S.O.P. for Retailers document together with retail licensee to ensure all BCC standard dispensary regulations are met and abided by
4. Confirm “secure, locked containers” for cannabis goods as detailed in section IV. D. of the S.O.P. and send visual proof to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 26th, 2019 Hall of Flowers will have 24-hr security monitoring the premises overnight
5. Confirm employee/s of retail license who will work the booth at HoF and submit their name/s to email@example.com Arena booths will receive (2) extra Exhibitor passes for these retail employees (you must pre-register their passes; see Exhibitor’s Manual - info on this will be sent late Aug.)
6. Abide by the limit of 8 product SKUs, 150 units each per Arena Booth
7. Coordinate delivery of product onsite to be done by licensed Distributor at the time that you will be setting up your booth.Submit their name to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 26th, 2019 as they will receive a paper wristband at check-in on set up day
Distributor will deliver the product directly to your booth (both cannabis goods for sale and display product)
Please be sure that the copy of the Manifest is correctly made out to the appropriate retail licensee as the Receiver.
8. Apply for a Cannabis Industry Tax Certificate with the city of Santa Rosa. Cannabis businesses can complete and email to Jennifer DeWitt (JDeWitt@srcity.org) or return by mail to City of Santa Rosa, P.O. Box 1673, Santa Rosa, CA 95402-1673. You can remit the $100 registration fee by check, cash or credit card. At this time, online payment and registration is not available unfortunately, but you call me and pay over the phone if you like. Once the registration form is complete and the fee is paid they will email you a Special Event Certificate which needs to be displayed somewhere within the booth space. PDF Application here.
9. In order to maintain compliance with the BCC you will need to prepare the following in booth:
1. Signage conveying your Retail license name and number
2. Employee ID badges for those working the retail in booth, complete with Photo ID, Retail Name and Retail License (these names MUST be submitted to us prior to September 4th)
SALES & PAYMENT
In order to remain fully compliant, providing samples to buyers will be treated as a sale transacted upon by our on-site retail partners. As a result, our retail partners are going to purchase from you each sample at a nominal value of $.01 and will be selling those samples for $2.
Please note that the excise tax on these products will be the responsibility of the Retailer and Distributor and must be paid on the market price of the products directly to the CDTFA.
For any remaining inventory after the end of show, employees of the brands will be able to buy back the product for personal consumption beginning at 6pm.
Please note that daily purchase limits will still be enforced for the transactions made between the Employees of brands and the Retailer.