HALL OF FLOWERS
Hall of Flowers is a high-growth startup with a focus on Cannabis. Founded in 2018, we are committed
to fostering the future of Cannabis through enriching and engaging moments that facilitate connection
and commerce. We specialize in large scale events with a high-production value that drive community as
a core principle. We are seeking talented individuals who want to grow with us in this new and exploding
industry. We aim for pioneers, visionaries, leaders, and achievers that dream to create the future. Join us
on this exciting journey.
As Editorial Director, you will lead and execute the Hall of Flowers digital content strategy, including the
development and execution of content ideas across web, social and email.
You know how to capture the magic of storytelling and channel it through powerful editorial content. You
have a passion for writing, with an appreciation for both long and short form. You enjoy op-ed think
pieces just as much as fun, witty captions for social. You have a pulse on the news cycle along with a
cultural sensibility that extends across genres. You have a desire to produce stories that are inspirational,
educational, engaging and purposeful.
• Develop long-term communications strategies and executions to engage readers and build audiences.
• Create plans with clear messaging and audiences that align with business goals.
• Create an editorial plan encompassing a full range of topics impacting Cannabis - from business to
politics to pop culture to science and beyond.
• Develop high-quality stories published web and adapted for social.
• Drive the process for integrated editorial storytelling and calendar management.
• Manage the creation of platform-specific content including news, features, and roundups from across
• Collaborate with internal and external creative talent to develop compelling stories promptly.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications, business, or related discipline
• 8+ years experience in a communications role focused on storytelling and community building,
• Experience building communication strategies, developing editorial or brand voice and working across
social, email and web.
• Experience covering businesses, brands, public figures as well as key players behind the scenes.
• An ability to uncover the heart of any story, along with an eye for compelling storytelling topics that
reach beyond the daily news cycle
• Passionate content creator and curator. Strong creative taste and an ability to drive simple but
powerful stories coupled with a thoughtful editorial style.
• Experience considering key visual aspects of when composing a story, including layout design, photo,
video, headlines, captions, etc.
• Attention for detail, news judgment, story packaging, and a careful eye for accuracy
• Strong knowledge of digital, social and consumption habits of today’s consumer.
• Experience covering high profile consumer brands at an establishment publisher is preferred.
• A self-starter who instinctively and consistently establishes goals and meets them.
• Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
• Collaborative and team-oriented approach to work.
• Experience leading multiple creative projects in parallel.
• Ability to travel 20% is required.
• Benefits including medical, dental and vision
• Bonus (performance-based)
• Paid holidays and vacation